Tuesday, November 14, 2017

URGENT MESSAGE! Please take action and stand with me.

URGENT MESSAGE! I've been on dialysis going on 16 years! Yep, 16 years. I owe it all to availability of doing dialysis treatments 4-6 times per week. You see in 2003 I began doing more treatments per week than standard and I felt so great I went out and acquired a job. I worked as a cashier (not a sedentary job) at about 30 hours per week. I was able to work, travel and raise a family. During that time I also had both kidneys removed. No, I've never yet had a transplant
 so I am one of those extraordinary persons who walk around with 2 of my vital organs missing. How you say? Because of the opportunity and availability of doing more than the standard 3X/week dialysis. I can drink more, and eat the foods I like because of this more frequent treatments. I don't want to imagine my life if my treatments were cut or limited to the standard again (shudder). I have complex health issues and need those more frequent treatments. This policy would end that for me. Dialysis is tough, but more frequent dialysis actually gives those persons a sense of normalcy again. A chance to work, go to school, travel, volunteer, raise a family and live life to the fullest. This policy would remove that opportunity for them. Please take a stand with me. Let your voice be heard for me and all those whom this policy would so negatively impact those lives. Stand with me and be counted, be heard, be understood. Follow the link below and share my story. Share your story. Be counted. Be heard. Blessings, Amy Staples

No comments:

Post a Comment