Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tomorrow I will begin another round of IVIG therapy.  It's uses are many.  For prospective transplant patients such as myself, Dr. Stanley Jordan of CA is to be thanked.  He developed this therapy to lower the antibody levels so those of us who are difficult matches can achieve a lower antibody level and thus have a better chance at receiving a good donor matched kidney.  It has side effects, symptoms etc.  Last time I had it I had to go to the hospital dialysis-center so I could be closely monitored.  Tomorrow however a home infusion therapy nurse will come to our home and administer it to me over an 8 hr period of time. 

http://www.wellness.com/reference/allergies/intravenous-immunoglobulin-therapy 

Probably more information that you would like but its a good basic albeit a little over my head in some areas. 

It has been a nice day today, sunny and hot.  But we walk about and relax in our home in the comfort of modern day air conditioning.  We do not suffer from the suffocation of the heat which appears to have to end in sight for this week.  We are content.  We are cared for by the wonders of engineering and better thinking minds than ourselves.  I am thankful.  I am blessed.  I watch my husband and I smile.  I feel the little dog at my feet as she licks my ankle.  I can feel the purr of the cat named Baxter (yes after the dialysis machine) cuddled in my arms.  She is ten years old now.  She and I share a special bond.  Her birthday and my embarkment upon this dialysis journey are the same.  She stretches.  I hear my husband laugh.  I feel the coolness of the air.  Yes.  I am blessed.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment