Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 16, 2012 - I missed blogging on Valentine's Day.  It was an ordinary day for me.  I went to drs appts.  Transportation was provided so we didn't have to worry about the drive.  On the way home as we were passing through town I saw a beautiful house cat sitting atop the roof of a home.  The cat seemed quite content and comfortable with his surroundings.  He began to settle down and curl his front paws beneath him.  He was soaking up the sun, drinking in its warmth and happiness.  I could see its eyes begin to do that half-closed thing.  I could just hear him purr -- or at least in my mind.  I envied him for just a moment.  I then realized how many people in this world are lonely and alone.  How many single moms and dads, how many children lost and abandoned and hungry for food and affection.  It was at this moment I looked at my sweet husband beside me and I realized how truly blessed and fortunate I am.  I have a loving devoted husband who is always beside me to support me.  We love to talk with each other, still engaging in interesting topics.  We can still stay up until wee hours of the morning talking about our children and grandchildren, politics, religion and our hopes and dreams for the future.  How blessed I am for this.  He still makes me laugh every day.  Now I admit sometimes I look at him with a strained face and I think to myself "who are you and what have you done with my husband?", but then I realize he is there, he is safe.

Ten years ago a doctor asked me if my husband had done anything special for me (it was Valentine's Day then).  After a quick thought I responded "every day is Valentine's Day for me".  And I truly believe this. No matter where I am or what I am doing he loves me and shows that love by his endless service to me.  I forget this sometimes.  I withhold that appreciation and devotion in return sometimes because of all my health issues.  Nonetheless I do love him and care for him and am deeply devoted to him.  I couldn't imagine one single hour without him in my life.  He helps to keep me centered and grounded and I forget about that sometimes.  Still, I am so appreciative of all he does and all he is.  We often talk about how different our lives will be when we win the lottery.....I won the lottery the day I met him....and I cashed in on it the day we married.  So my sweet, Happy Valentine's Day.  You are the love of my life...followed closely by each of our very individually unique children and grandchildren.  I am so better for having known all of you, and even more blessed for the honor of being part of your lives.  Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment