Saturday, February 11, 2012

Late yesterday afternoon the IV Infusion Therapy Dept Nurse from the pharmacy called to say the pre-authorization had been approved for the IVIG therapy.  However, the full cost of nursing services and supplies to give the IVIG therapy isn't covered by my insurance.  So, for the nurse to be in my home for 8-12 hours using my dialysis tubing, my already existent blood acess, my saline, syringes etc., my machine which will take my BP and pulse every half hour.....will still cost me $1200.  That's more than $100 per hour.  Wow.  I am unsure how we will proceed.  She sent me some financial papers to fill out for medical harship so we will see if we qualify to have the charges waived.  I will be receiving the IVIG once/week for 2 weeks then once a month for 3 months.  I never really saw a decrease in my PRA levels to show an improvement in being matched with someone for a transplant.  Dr. Stanley Jordan from Cedars Sinai in L.A. who developed the program says it takes time for the IVIG therapy to work.  I can only hope and move forward.  So, I'm moving on. 

Today there are over 115,000 people awaiting an organ transplant.  MOST of those are awaiting a kidney transplant.  There are over 250 million registered voters out there, and we can all live full lives with only one kidney.  PLEASE consider being an organ and/or tissue donor.  YOU could save lives.  If you don't want to donate while living (such as blood, bone marrow, kidney, portion of liver), then PLEASE consider signing a donor card to donate once you have died.  It WILL save and improve lives for those still living. 

Okay, done preaching for today. 

Well, I've been up all night long.  Too much pain from the carpal tunnel syndrome in my dominant hand.  Guess its time to get it taken care of.  I'm off to bed now.  I look forward to sweet dreams, snuggling up to my hubby and getting warm under the covers.  I have begun a bucket list of sorts.  Things I'd like to accomplish before leaving this life and moving on.  Its a crazy list.  Please feel free to share your comments.  Maybe you could give me a few more ideas?

Ride a motorcycle
Have a nice aquarium
Go Ziplining
Go mock skydiving (or the real thing if it wouldn't hurt my bones lol)
take a hot air balloon ride
Get tattoo (aaaaaaahhhhhhh for shame lol)
Go on train ride
Go on a cruise
Ride an elephant
Ride a camel
Publish book
Go to broadway play
Go to Oregon coast with all family
Get family pics with everyone in them.
Learn to play the piano
Have a nice flower/rose/secret garden for sanctuary.

Good night all.  Blessings and HUGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment