Friday, September 5, 2014

Let it go

I was reading through some posts on a facebook group called "I Hate Dialysis".  I know it sounds really negative but its a great place to go to when I am feeling a little low.  I know I can rely on friends there to let me vent, to allow me to educate, to learn from others' experiences.  Sometimes (well many times) we fall into that trap of taking things personal.  Then others respond and it ends up being this massive snowball that just grows and grows all out of proportion that doesn't represent anything from the original post.  It becomes all demented and insignificant.  Someone posted this picture from a Disney movie called Frozen.  I had to laugh because in so many ways the picture, the words added "Let it go!" and the name of the movie all represent how I as a dialysis patient feel.  I feel as if my life is frozen in time.  You know? Like I am doing the same thing over and over and there is nothing remarkable to show I am moving forward.  Do you ever feel as though you are frozen in time? Do you feel like you have no value or worth because you are not accomplishing something?  I often have felt as though my value is nothing.  I don't work.  My children are raised and on their own.  I am reliant on this machine to keep me alive every day.  Every single day.  Please think about that for just one moment.  Every single day.  Then I realize just as these words proclaim.  I need to "Let it Go".  My worth, my value is not dependent upon my accomplishments.  I have value just because I am a living breathing being.  So do you.  Remember that.  So do you.  So for today, just "let it go".  Remember you are valued.  You are loved.  You are important.  If you need someone to talk to, send me an email.  Many Blessings,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment