Friday, September 12, 2014

Women & Pain. No Not Pain in the Butt Women!

I am a woman in pain.  For my Sweet Hubby (SW) I am certain I can also be a huge "pain in the butt".  For now however I am only addressing chronic pain.  For those who are in mainstream normality what is your first thought when you hear the words "fibromyalgia, chronic fatique syndrome, back pain"?  Do you believe they are valid complaints? Do you believe they have consistent real pain?  Do you think these words really relate to phantom or "in the head" pain?

I am here to tell you chronic back pain, fibromyalgia and chronic fatique syndrome (although I only have chronic back pain) are REAL.  I have however come upon health practitioners who downplay and thus under treat those with the above and many more health complaints "merely" because they come from women.  Discrimination? You bet.  Read on my friends.

http://americannewsreport.com/nationalpainreport/women-in-pain-report-significant-gender-bias-8824696.html


Blessings,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment