Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tomorrow will make Today a very good day.

Last night was a restless one for me.  I went to bed around 10:00PM.  I have had a few rough days with little pain control.  I have 5 compression fractures in my spine along with scoliosis (curvature of the spine) due to bone loss.  For some reason, possibly new fractures the pain has been poorly controlled.  I feel as though I cannot breathe, even when I am laying down.  Now for those of you who have chronic pain for whatever reason you will better understand my suffering.  My bones hurt.  My joints hurt.  It hurts to breathe and I cannot sit for very long.  I've also had symptoms that are similar to low calcium levels which include tingling of my lips and muscle jerking.  They started last week, and I drew labs on Monday and shipped them off to be tested.  So for this morning I have been busy paying bills.  I still need to go to the bank and the post office and pick up a few thing before coming home and then getting on dialysis for 8 hours.  I may only get through half the treatment, who knows.  I've been taking my pills properly, and my pain patches but I am quite uncomfortable.

Last night I heard a loud thump.  I was a little worried as SH (Sweet Husband) hadn't come to bed yet.  I got out of bed and started walking out of the room only to discover the room was swirling about me. I began to fall to the floor.  I didn't actually make it to the floor.  The nightstand and dialysis machine broke my fall.  Praise the Lord.  I know I'll have a few bruises.  Better to have bruises than to have broken bones.  My bones are so very brittle.  I broke a finger opening a closet door.  I've broken bones in my feet by falling down.  My feet hit the cabinets in the kitchen doorway.  I must have looked like a split chicken.  Even the bottoms of my feet were bruised.  Try walking on both feet with broken bones in both of them.  Go on, I dare you.  No, not really.

So anyway back to my point....whatever it was.  I am hurting today.  I will get my errands done, bank, post office, store. SH will do all the driving.  We we get home SH will get the machine ready and I will attempt a full 8 hour treatment.  I hope to buy some more yarn.  I am knitting scarves for those on treatment.  If you want one, they are free.  Just send me an email with your favorite color.  I knit while doing treatment (dialysis).  I also read, watch movies and Netflix is my best friend lol.  I'm sure none of you really care what my day will be like, but here's my point.  I woke up this morning.  I am in pain.  I am tired.  I have many long hours ahead of me, but I woke up! I will get through the day.  I will overcome.  I will survive and tomorrow is a new day.

Okay, off to do my errands.  The day will turn out fine.  As long as I wake up tomorrow, today is a very good day.

Blessings & Peace,
Amy 

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you're in pain Amy. I admire your attitude - it must be a challenge to remain optimistic.
    You're still here, and it's a good day!

    ReplyDelete